THE ONE DAY ACTING FOR FILM AND TV CLASS
TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Time: 10.30am – 5.30pm
6 hours of Acting (plus one hour lunch)
Venue: Dudley Court, 36 Endell St., Covent Garden, London WC2H 9RF
Cost: £75 (£125 but £50 off with Code LAWONEDAY)
(£25 from each actor will go direct to a local charity)
Schedule of One Day Acting for Film & TV Course:
- Introductions to the group and Actor / Coach Jon Sidgwick
- Voice Warm Up and Stretch
- Warm Up Theatre Games: let’s lose our self-consciousness before starting to play / work in the acting space!
- Introduction to Acting Principles: what’s it all about, how do we do it and how do we go about tapping into our talent for Acting?
- Shakespeare: great fun, not the way we are taught in school! We’ll really get under the skin of Shakespeare’s language and get a feel for how we can use this in our Acting today. We’ll practice Shakespearean Insults (!) and work on a couple of famous Monologues.
- Commercial Audition on Camera: how do actors make good money from Commercials? What do we do at the audition? We’ll put you on Camera, you’ll do your Identification (Ident) and play with a Toothpaste Advertisement (script on the day)
- Discussion of ‘The Method’: made famous by actors such as Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep – followed by 2 ‘Method’ Exercises.
- Duologue Scene: You’ll work another Actor, on Camera, playing out a short but intense dramatic scene, prepared in class and filmed (script on the day)
- Playback and Discussion of Duologue Scene: positive and constructive feedback!
- Discussion of The Acting Business in general (Agents, Casting Directors, Self Tapes, Career Strategy….) and our 12 Week Acting for Film & TV Course.